Wednesday, September 22, 2010

9/22/2010 Creations

My current pieces, are these two containers, inspired by Sarah (a guest artist that visited our group on our retreat) They are six inches tall, large enough to store nicknack's. They are extruded tubes, with pushed in sides to create a foot, they are closed off by a hand pulled base and top. My plan is to burnish them smooth and apply a design with black under glaze, from there I will most likely pit fire them with a copper wire wrapped around them to give an orange glow. Feel free to post what you think of them.

2 comments:

  1. These are nice pieces Peter. I can't wait to see them after they have been pit fired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should work on making your pieces flow better. The top and bottom do not flow well with the sides. Do you plan on firing them and then wrapping the wire around them? If you fire them with the wire on it should leave black lines on the pot, not orange. I think mossout gives orange? Ask Amy... Also instead of under glaze I would look into using copper spray paint and stenciling it on pre-firing. Look in the alternative firing methods book.

    ReplyDelete